HoPnFuriendz


Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Always make sure your furkids are comfy

Just a few more days and we are on the road!
I took the passenger bucket seat out today, as I think it will more comfortable for the kids, especially Gus. Poor guy gets stomped on when he is in the back half. Which is a little space. This way he will have more room.
I kind of like the room and since I am a petsitter/dog walker, one thing that has always bothered me is how would I get a big dog in my truck if it got injured? I am thinking about maybe just keeping it that way. A nice sized crate could fit in there if I had an emergency. Besides no one really likes riding in my truck, so having a missing seat isn't a big deal... I will have to think on this.
Anyway, I first put down plastic bags, to keep the short hairs from burying themselves in the carpet, then I put down a throw rug I had, then put down a few dog beds and then covered that up with a dog blanket..now that should be comfy.
I am curious if Boo, Raven and Wheezer will freak since they will not be able to see out the windows. They are too short..haha. Oh and another plus is the air conditioner now will be able to circulate cool air a lot better,since the bucket seat was preventing it from reaching that back half.
I tested it out tonight (not that I was planning on it or anything)with Mr. Magoo. He has some sort of nasty rash on his underbelly and armpits (are they called this?) ..legpits..whatever. He seemed to enjoy the fact there was more room, but then he decided the arm rest was a better place to hang out on..go figure.
Magoo is fine, he just has some kind of allergy to something..God only knows what, because that boy gets into everything.Worse than his sister. I just wanted to make sure nothing was contagious. Which it wasn't.
Then I blew up my air mattress to make sure all was fine. When you have dogs and air mattress, sometimes the mattress loses. This one seems to have no air leaks. Thank goodness as my old back could not take the hard ground. Everything is packed, except the kids and my food. It just seems like I have a lot of stuff, but then I like to be ready for anything.
I always carry hose clamps in my glove box and I was teased about this years ago by a friend who then read an article that had a list of emergency things to have on hand and guess what??? Hose clamps was one of them...ha...ha...I have flares, tow rope, battery cables, first aid kit for humans, first aid kit for dogs, shovel, flashlight, one of those shiny metal looking blankets, two water containers, tools, hammer, a nasty looking and very sharp knife (for the boogieman) LOL, a flint and stone (like in the caveman days..you never know), TP (can't have enough)and books on tape oh yes and coffee! That is just a little of what I am bringing...but a few of the most important.
Here are some pictures of the truck as it is now. Magoo posed for this one too :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment